Scars are painless, but it can be a stain on a person’s overall personality that affects your pretty look and makes you horrible.
Types of Scars
There are several types of scarring that occurs after skin exposure to trauma:
- Hypertrophic scars – Raised and dark scars. Disappears in a certain amount of time but causes intense itching while this is used.
- Keloidal scars – Elevated, dark, benign tumors that appears on ears, back, shoulders and chest. This can be very difficult to remove since it goes overboard the boundary of the affected area.
- Stretch Marks – A form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. They are caused by tearing of the dermis.
- Atrophic scars – Creates indentation or sunken marks. One example of this type of scarring is stretch marks.
Causes of Scars
- Accident mark
Treatments to get rid of scars on black skin can sometimes be a challenge, but with consistency and patience, it is possible to reduce the appearance of stubborn blemishes. A lot of potions and creams are available in the market for sale to fade the scars. If you don’t want to spend on these products and want to heal the scars naturally, you can go for home remedies below:
- Azadirachta Indica (Neem): Take few Azadirachta indica leaves (neem leaves) and make a paste. Apply it on the scars. It can also be used as a face pack. This will not only fade the scars, but also solve the skin problems, like acne, etc. It contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which works great if applied on the skin.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip seed oil is used most commonly in cosmetics, especially in the scar removal creams. Take a few drops of rosehip seed oil on your fingers and gently massage it on the scars. Do this twice a day. It can be applied directly on the skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is a very effective natural remedy for removing scars. It works like a charm on scars. Make sure, you use the diluted tea tree oil.
- Coconut Oil: Whenever you get a scar, apply coconut oil on it. This will reduce the scar, ultimately making it invisible.
- Lavender Oil: Apply and massage directly on scars to help fade. In time, it can completely eliminate them.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is said to be really effective when it comes to scar removal. Take a few drops of olive oil and apply it on the scars on the daily basis. Olive oil will also moisturize the skin.
- Cod Liver Oil: Apply cod liver oil on the scars for making the scars invisible.
- Garlic Oil: Take a few drops of garlic oil on your fingers and apply on the scars. Let the oil stay for 15 minutes. Garlic contains antibiotic properties and is a natural remedy for scars.
- Flaxseed oil. You can buy this oil at almost any health food store. Rub the flaxseed oil on old and new scars a few times each day, including after you shower and again before going to bed.
- Ice Cubes: Ice cube is a very easy and simple home remedy for fading the scars. Take an ice cube and rub it gently on the scars.
- Aloe Vera : Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into half. Squeeze out the gel and apply it on the scar.
- Honey: Apply honey on the scar. It works great in removing scars.
- Sandalwood Powder: Sandalwood powder is a very good home remedy for removing scars from face. Take sandalwood powder and mix it with rosewater or milk. Rub it on the scars, gently. Leave it on for an hour and wash it off with cold water.
- Lemon Juice: Take a fresh lemon and cut it into half. Rub the juicy part on the scar. Lemon works as a natural bleach and thus, reduces the blemishes and scars. Drink lemon juice (without mixing sugar in it) twice a day for 15 days.
- Almonds: Take 2-3 almonds and soak them in water. Leave them overnight. In the morning, peel off the skin from the almonds and mash them. Add a few drops of rosewater and apply on the scars.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the scars. This will fade the scars. Wash it off after 10 minutes. Else, take 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of water. Wash your face with this solution after cleaning the face and before going to bed. Apply skin moisturizer afterwards. This will also help in fading the scars from face.
- Potato: Take a raw potato. Extract its juice and apply it on the scars. This will let the scars fade away. You can also rub a slice of potato on the scars, directly.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek can be used in many ways in reducing the scars. You can take fenugreek leaves and make a fine paste and apply it on the scars. Take fenugreek seeds and boil them. Make a paste and store it in a cool place. Apply it on the scars.
- Tomato: Apply a slice of tomato on the scar or massage with tomato juice. Like lemon, tomato also works as natural bleach.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is available in various forms, like creams and lotions. It’s a good remedy for severe scars.
- Yogurt Mix: If you have a burned scar, then, this home remedy will help you out. Take barley, yogurt and turmeric in equal proportions and make a paste. Apply it on the scar.
- Vitamin E Cream: Apply vitamin E cream on the scars.
- Cocoa Butter: Apply cocoa butter on the scars. It will not only help the scars to fade away, but also moisturise the skin, making it smooth and soft.
- Cucumber: Place a slice of raw cucumber or apply its juice on the scar.
- Baking Soda: Take 5 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix it until you make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the scars and let it dry. Wash it off, later on. Repeat this natural remedy thrice a week.
- Salt Scrub: Use a salt scrub, which contains papaya. Papaya will provide a new shine to your skin while salt scrub will exfoliate and remove the dead skin, making the scars almost invisible.
- Chamomile Tea: Wash your scars with camomile tea. It will help the scars to fade away.
- Aspirin: Take 2 aspirins and crush them. Add a few drops of water to prepare a paste. Apply it on the scar.
- Fuller’s Earth: Take 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth and 1 tablespoon of rosewater, along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix them all together to form a fine paste. Apply it on the scar and rub it gently. Then, apply 1 more layer on it and leave it for 15 minutes to dry. Wash it off afterwards.
- Gotu Kola: Take leaves of Gotu kola and make a paste. Apply it on the scars. It will not only reduce the scars, but also speed up the healing process. Also, it will improve the blood circulation.