Thick, well-shaped eyebrows can enhance your look, while thin and sparse eyebrows can make you look older and dull. That’s why thick eyebrows have always been in demand.
Many people end up with eyebrows that are too thin because of over plucking, threading or waxing. Sometimes, thin eyebrows occur as a result of the aging process, nutritional deficiencies, poor cosmetic application or medical conditions like hypothyroidism, eczema and alopecia areata.
If your eyebrows are too thin, you can easily solve this problem with the help of some natural home remedies.
The various proteins as well as nutrients like vitamin E and iron in coconut oil promote healthy and thick eyebrows. It can also help make your eyebrows darker.
- Put a few drops of warm coconut oil on your fingertips and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage gently for a few minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this daily for 1 to 2 months to notice changes in the thickness of your eyebrows.
Onion juice also aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair. The juice has sulfur that improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth. Also, it strengthens the hair follicles.
- Grind 1 small onion and extract the juice.
- Massage this juice into the eyebrows for about 5 minutes.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
- Follow this treatment once daily for several weeks.
The hair of the eyebrows is made up of keratin protein, and egg is a great source of protein. Thus, it can help improve the health of your hair, which in turn will make your eyebrows thick.
- Break 1 egg and separate the yolk from the white part.
- Beat the yolk until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Apply it on each of your brows with a cotton swab.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this protein treatment once or twice a week until you are satisfied with the result.
Olive oil is also good for your eyebrows. Being rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help your eyebrow hair grow faster and thicker. It will also help keep it dark-hued.
- Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of honey. Apply it on your eyebrows and massage for a few minutes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily until you get the desired results.
Aloe vera has enzymes and moisturizing properties that nourish hair follicles and make your eyebrows grow faster and thicker. It can even make the skin near your eyebrows very soft.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf. Gently massage it over your eyebrows. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to prepare a paste with 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a little honey or coconut oil. Apply it to your eyebrows. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily for several weeks for best results.
Lemon can also be useful for enhancing your beauty by making your eyebrows grow thicker. Being rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients, lemon can promote the growth of eyebrow hair.
- Simply rub a slice of lemon over your eyebrows. Leave the juice on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Alternatively, put the sliced peels of 1 lemon into 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Allow the solution to sit for at least 15 days in a cool, dry place. Once ready, apply it on your eyebrows using a cotton ball every night before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning.
Follow either of these remedies once daily to enhance your eyebrows.
Note: Avoid exposing your eyebrows to direct sunlight for 2 hours after using lemon as it can lighten the color of the hair.
You can also use milk to grow your eyebrows thicker. Milk contains protein as well as other nutrients that nourish hair roots and improve hair growth.
- Put a small amount of whole milk in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball into it and gently rub it on your eyebrows.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy whenever possible to get the desired result.