Are you looking to learn how to get a flat stomach? What is the secret to a flat stomach. how can I keep a flat stomach? Thousands of men and women are always looking for tips on how you can get a flat stomach. I commonly hear that question every week, so I wanted to give you 4 Diet and 3 Exercise tips to achieve a flat stomach.
The stomach is one of the tougher parts of the body to keep under control. However, getting closer to your flat stomach is likely easier then you first thought.
It is a challenge and if you sick through it… you will see results you could never even imagine! Which is the best feeling in the world. Alright so now in order to do this there are two things that need to be focused on: Diet and Exercise.
Now since I don’t know everyone’s body type and how exactly your individual bodies work. You have to work on managing what you need to make it work for you.
- Drink lots of water.Personally, I feel like this is the most important thing to do. Drinking water will keep you hydrated and you will keep flushing out all of the bad toxins in your body, which is great! It will also improve your skin. Drinking water also is good to do when you feel hungry at a time you shouldn’t be. Also, you can tell if you are drinking enough by simply looking at the color of your pee. If it’s a dark yellow, you need to drink up. The clearer the more hydrated you are.
- Fiber. Eat lots of fiber. You can find fiber in fruit and veggies. I say the best thing to eat is broccoli. Making sure you get enough fiber will also help clean out your body by keeping your system regular. It can also help lower your cholesterol. Also, berries are great for trying to get that flat stomach and they are delicious.
- Eat 5 meals a day. Try and eat something every 3-4 hours. This will keep your metabolism going. 2 of the 5 meals are snacks… keep those light and healthy to keep you on track. Good snacks are apples and peanut butter, fruit salad, granola, fat-free yogurt anything small and healthy will do. Pick what you like.
- No more junk! Get rid of it. Don’t look at it, don’t think about it. Seriously if you want to lose weight in your stomach you have to stop eating chips, ice cream, chocolate, and refrain from fast food as much as you can. If you absolutely need some look to frozen yogurt or sorbet.
- Eat. One huge mistake people often make is not eating. This won’t work and it’s not good for you. Also, eat breakfast. You should be hungry in the morning if you are eating light before bed and working out. You will become like me… I look forward to breakfast, it’s my favorite meal! I wake up so hungry. I have no idea how people skip it.
- Cardio. Cardio, cardio… learn to love it. You can do anything just get moving for 30 mins a day, do more if you can. More is better. If you are new to cardio start walking and eventually start jogging. But I love the elliptical, rollerblading, biking, running, stair master, dancing, jump roping, golfing(but carry your bag.. don’t get a cart)… find several cardio workouts that you like so you can change it up. Make it fun.
- Ab workouts. After cardio is the best time to do abs. You are in the workout mood and your body is warmed up and ready to go. There are so many ab exercises out there. Tons of them. Some I like may not work for you. Do exercises that you do right and ones that you can feel it working. Its good to really push it. That’s how you get stronger. When you feel like stopping do just a little longer. I like doing planks, scissor kicks, toe-touches and I don’t know names for a lot of them and incorporate a medicine ball. If you go to a gym watch other people and see what exercises they do to give you more ideas. But it is easy to make up your own.
- Rest and stretch. If you kill your abs one day, let them rest but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to do cardio. It’s ok to take a day off a week. But if you don’t need it, don’t take it. Also, yoga is great to help recover faster and it prevents injury.
Now that you know what to do. Let’s do it. And remember once you reach your goal, don’t change what you have been doing. You can’t stop. You have to keep working on it. But it takes 21 days to create a habit and I’m sure it will take longer then 21 days to get what you are looking for so that habit will be there when you are done! Good Luck!